Changes since 0.4.0
- Some fixes for XEmacs -
- added a require for 'overlay. This is part of the fsf-compat
- added escapes into "----" and "++++" parts of regexps since
not escaping them broke XEmacs version.
- added test for XEmacs into function tracing devel option
- changed the connection mechanism slightly to use a different
variable ics-interface-with-helper-args when CONNECTMETHOD in
ics-servers-alist is non-nil. This allows a different xboard
commandline to be used if there is a timestamp/timeseal program
available, rather than the same commandline with telnet for the
helper program (which doesn't work for me anymore under Mandrake
Linux 8.0 - I get a connection closed right before the password
is prompted for).
- updated the default ics-servers-alist variable for new IP addresses
and the BCF server and chess.net
- Fixed wholist buttonisation regexp to recognise "&" between rating
- Several fixes by John Wiegley to prevent ics.el from breaking other
comint based modes - ics.el now uses local hooks instead of polluting
the global comint hooks.
- Added support for running the interface program (e.g. xboard) under
gdb in the ics sessions. The variable ics-gdb-interface controls this.
Changes since 0.3.7
- Multiple small tidyups+regexp tweaks including:-
- tweaked regexp to make seekads/sought output work on ICC
- tweaked regexp in example auto-command-alist to know about bracketed
junk after handles e.g. (U) (*) etc.
- added knowledge of "'" at end of handle into emote regexp
- re-ordered some button regexps to help larger buttons take precedence
- tidied up ics-button-alist regexps using concat
- replaced literal ^M with \r, literal ^G with \a
- fixed gamelist regexp to know that there can be more than one space in
front of the gamenumber
- Fixed history list regexp to know about more "ending" flags
- Added some button regexps for dealing with stored games
- ics.el now sets the interface variable at ICS servers to show ics.el
version and the sub-interface in use. Currently only works at FICS
since ICC seems to lock the interface variable once it is set.
Changes since 0.3.6
- better shout default colour for dark backgrounds (turquise).
- better handle default colour for dark backgrounds (orange).
- better kibitz default colour for dark backgrounds (LightSeaGreen)
(can anybody tell I now use dark backgrounds in my emacs???)
- fixed type in ics-shout-face (turquiose1 -> turquoise1)
- fixed handle matching regexp in ics-button-alist to know that
"-" is now allowed in names.
- fixed sundry button regexps to know that titles in brackets exist
- rehashed the highlighting/buttonising code to remove
the long-standing bug which caused virtually everything
to turn 'bold in the buffer if it buttonised some unfinished output
from the server.
- added knowledge of seek ads and sought output to the buttonisation
code. Clicking button issues appropriate "play" command
- added selected function tracing if ics-version matches *devel*
Changes since 0.3.5
- added a line into ics-watch-for-login-and-send-handle to remove it
from comint-output-filter-functions once it has run, to avoid
endless loop when an invalid handle is entered.
- removed all the ics-wakeup stuff. It got broken between my
prerelease version of 0.3.5 and the released version. This has
been replaced by a more general ics-auto-command feature, along
with a boolean variable ics-idle-p to determine if user is idle.
A sample ics-auto-command-alist shows how to use these to simulate
the broken 0.3.5 ics-wakeup feature, along with another
auto-command (auto greet people on notify list)
changes since 0.3.4
- added timeout variable to ics-wakeup function. Wakeup will now
only produce alarm beeps if the elapsed time since the last beeps
is greater than the user settable timeout period
- added some messages to let user know what ics.el is doing
e.g. Waiting for login prompt ... etc...
- ics-send-password and ics-password added.
- added wakeup function. If ics-wakeup is t then any ics output
matching ics-wakeup-regexp will cause emacs to (ding t)
ics-wakeup-number-of-beeps times, separated by
- Changed (ding) in ics-output-filter-function to (ding t) to
prevent it from terminating keyboard macros.
- wrapped long regexp strings over multiple lines. Must be careful not
to reformat these sections of code!
changes since 0.3.3
- CHANGED variable ics-handle to ics-default-handle. ics-handle is
now used internally.
- added variable ics-wait-for-login-prompt. If this is t (default) and
ics-send-handle is t, ics.el will wait for the login prompt to appear
before sending handle.
- added button to observe gnotify notification games.
- added button on "Type next/more" messages.
- modified buttonisation code to re-search each button regexp
separately to get around the problem with overflowing the regexp
matcher's stack. (minor changes to
ics-add-buttons-to-region). This modification may make the
buttonising too slow. If so I'll have to group the regexps in
batches of, say, 5 regexps and do it the old way for each
grouping. Thankfully, though, at present the soplution appears
quick enough on both my linux box (i486) and DEC alphas.
- uncommented some button entries which were commented because of
- corrected a couple of doc strings.
Changes since 0.3.2
- changed ics-mouse-push-button to ics-mouse-push-button-or-yank
which does a yank if there is no button at the clicked spot.
- more buttons (finger buttons in shouts etc.)
- fixed bug which would always use the default handle even if you
entered a different one.
- changed defaults for dark backgrounds.
- tweaked regexps
- moved the variables that most need user customisation nearer the
top of the file so users might see them if browsing the head of the
Changes since 0.3.1
- minor tweakings of regexps to work better across different ics servers
- new startup screen.
- examine button for history list entries
- new hooks ics-pre-connect-hook ics-post-connect-hook and ics-mode-hook